Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Marking an area on a face 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveGal

May 12, 2003
GB
I need some help. I'm sure this must be possible...

I have a face which I would like to mark up with different sub-areas (which I want to name). For example, say I have a curved face that I want to define an area (say from u=0.25 to u=0.5 and from v=0.35 to v=0.6). I would like to name this "sub face" something like "yellow".

I'm sure this can be done - but I don't have a lot of CAD experience.

Help much appreciated!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Steve u could subdivide the face by projecting curves on to it. Then either change the colour of the face in object display or label the faces through drafting.

(sorry a bit late I imagine)

Hi, thanks for your help.

In the end, I have a method that seems to work okay. First I get the points in u-v space on the face. I next join those points by a striaght line, then project that line onto the face in question. When I have a closed line I join the lines together then subdivide the face.

but thanks for your help.

Steve

Sorry, forgot to award star :-0 (and for the delayed repsonse to the tips - I've been on holiday for a few weeks)

Thanks to hodgo for tip. I got the same route myself some time ago and have it all coded in ug_open, but still not excuse for forgetting the star - I guess you could put it sown to holiday return rustiness!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back