Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

memory acces violation NX 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChevyM

Automotive
Feb 9, 2012
NL
i get this error:

Error recovery completed for the following error:
Internal error: memory acces violation
[OK]

is this about my RAM memory?

i try to make an UDF from a simple keyway so it shouldnt be a problem for my 6gb..

Best regards,

Chevy

NX6
Win7, 64 Bit

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

and i also get this error when i try some stuff including this error:

Save Failed
X
The following parts failed to save causing the overall save operation to fail:

While saving U:\...............prt:
untitled.prt - No write access
[OK]

how come i get this?

Best regards,

Chevy

NX6
Win7, 64 Bit

i dont work in PDM it's a native file, but its in the same directory as other parts. when is use a part from that and do a 'save as' in the same folder with only a different name and try to do the same i get the same error..

Best regards,

Chevy

NX6
Win7, 64 Bit

do you have read/write access in the folder? Try saving a word file (for example) in the folder you want your parts to be saved. If that doesn't work, contact your IT people.

NX 7.5.5.4 with Teamcenter 8 on win7 64
Intel Xeon @3.2GHz
8GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 2000

i can do that, thats what i said (at least, i tried to) in my previous post. i can write and edit everything but not when i click finish in the wizard.

Best regards,

Chevy

NX6
Win7, 64 Bit

ChevyM said:
Error recovery completed for the following error:
Internal error: memory acces violation

is this about my RAM memory?

This doesn't mean you ran out of memory, but the inputs you gave the system led to some sort of error or the contents of some memory location got corrupted.

Did you get these errors only after using the UDF wizard?

www.nxjournaling.com

i just upgraded to NX 7.5 and i still get the same error as before in NX6, so it had to be with some setting or something but i cant seem to find it..

Best regards,

Chevy

NX6, just got 7.5
Win7, 64 Bit

i think i know the problem, i think that NX saves the UDF on the C disk, which i have no write access to. how can i change this? i've looked in to Customer Def but i cant find it.. i've seen a UDF library in the Reuse library TAB but it doesnt say anything about the C drive, so how can i change this?

Best regards,

Chevy

NX6, just got 7.5
Win7, 64 Bit

oke! it worked in NX 6, i tried with the administrator here and with his write acces i could make it work in NX 6.
BUT!
the library selection part in step 1 from the UDF wizard is greyed so i the wizard doesnt know where to write and still get that error.. how can i ungrey it?

Best regards,

Chevy

NX6, just got 7.5
Win7, 64 Bit

in NX 7.5 sorry

the library selection part in NX 7.5 step 1 from the UDF wizard is greyed so i the wizard doesnt know where to write and still get that error.. how can i ungrey it?

sorry forgot to mention it

Best regards,

Chevy

NX6, just got 7.5
Win7, 64 Bit

got it! i contacted GMAC:
the library is not configured right. To do so, go to:

Tools --> User defined feature --> Configure Library

If there as library loaded, then click on change. If the there is no library loaded the browse window is opened automatically.

for the library definition file, go to the folder UGII --> Folder UDF, and select here the file dbc_udf_ascii.def

For the database file, go to UGII --> UDF, and select or create the file: udf_database.txt

Now the original files should be loaded. And you should be able to bowse through the libraries again.

You can place these files anywhere you want.

Now just go back to NX, and again go to Tools --> User defined features --> Configure library. And now select change, and browse to the files in the new (network) folder.

Best regards,

Chevy

NX6, just got 7.5
Win7, 64 Bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back