Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Miami Beach, Champlain Towers South apartment building collapse, Part 14 41

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It's not absurd tho, we do have new information in hearing the full extent of Furman's statements, back in August (part 11) when the body cams were released. And in these latest articles how she experienced the bank of mailboxes cave in and then the roof of the drive thru fall down...an odor or smell so strong she couldn't breathe.

New info will keep coming in and we will need to circle back to these scenarios as it does.

I had asked a few days ago, now that a lawsuit has been filed, the legal team for the owners/victims should be able to subpoena all video footage from the security cams. That will be eye opening if it's made public. I'm sure some of it will be.

Optical98 said:
I had asked a few days ago, now that a lawsuit has been filed, the legal team for the owners/victims should be able to subpoena all video footage from the security cams. That will be eye opening if it's made public. I'm sure some of it will be.
I suspect most cameras that caught anything still have a large portion of their view blocked by building or trees. Plus still being at night, not the best of quality pixels. Or at worst, deleted by now due to a lack of screen cap software and limited playback functions.

Precision guess work based on information provided by those of questionable knowledge

Demented said:
Or at worst, deleted by now due to a lack of screen cap software and limited playback functions.

This was decreed a crime scene right away. The police and various prosecutorial agencies would never let that happen, since they are true professionals. To have allowed evidence to slip away as you suggest would imply a very high level of incompetence.

If there is such incompetence, then I suggest that those responsible will be held to account by state government.

It's only reasonable.

spsalso

spsalso said:
This was decreed a crime scene right away. The police and various prosecutorial agencies would never let that happen, since they are true professionals. To have allowed evidence to slip away as you suggest would imply a very high level of incompetence.

If there is such incompetence, then I suggest that those responsible will be held to account by state government.

It's only reasonable.
Broward and FDOT allowed that to happen before. Only reason I mentioned it.

Precision guess work based on information provided by those of questionable knowledge

I am confident that NIST has already been able to view these security cameras and you can bet with the number of cameras they had around the pool that even if it was dark for the camera, I bet you'll still be able to see what part of the pool collapsed first or did it all collapse at once.

Also in the video I did back in August of the body cams, I showed how one of the officers that arrived at 1:24:45 he couldn't get in the front door because that entire fascia ceiling out in front of the front door had fallen down and was blocking access to the door.

So that corroborates Furman’s story, and it shamefully paints Kai as liar. As you know in one of his videos recently he was defaming her character and claiming she made the whole story up. Although the body cam video clearly showed the front door was blocked and that she would have had to climb through the valet window.

And I did freeze frames on the video and stepped through it and showed the very first time we saw miss Fuhrman when the police discovered her and she was down in the pit almost where the hot tub was and she was with the lady from 611 who had escaped and made it down the staircase into the now collapsed pool deck.

We learned two new details from two of the three Miami Herald pieces published this past week: the Nirs backed into space 14 at about 12:30 AM, and Shamoka Furman smelled something “potent” while attempting to escape the lobby after the building collapsed. The Timeline of Witness Statements is up to date.

Not surprised there was a smell. When you rip open a material you expose it's guts to the open air. Think of how many materials in that building were ripped apart and had surfaces exposed to air that hadn't been in 40 years? Not to mention sewage pipes that broke open. I could imagine it smelled like everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back