Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Military HMMWV circuit questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SgtJensen

Military
Feb 26, 2005
US
I am a Sergeant heading over to Iraq. My XO wants me to create a circuit that enables us to hear our radio transmissions from our speaker box (24v, BN 123 connector - 6 pin), but when no transmissions are being heard, for us to listen to our music through our handheld player. I am trying to find a circuit diagram and/or parts list so I can create it. Any help would be great. Thanks ahead of time.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What's old is new again.

Way back during the Citizen's Band (CB) craze (19??), Radio Shack sold a gadget that performed exactly that function (allowing one to intelligently 'combine' the audio from a CB and a car stereo).

The interfaces are sufficiently different that, even if you happened to find one, you wouldn't be able to use it directly.

Standard audio mixers will do this, if you have the right adapters. No need to build it if you can buy it cheaper. Back in the day when Radio Shack actually sold electronic gadgets, this would be easy. Now you might have to order it online.

Vince Socci

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back