Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Movement Damping In Pressure Gauge. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiplu48

Chemical
Dec 3, 2016
BD
Hi,

I have come up with a pressure gauge data sheet and found a parameter called "movement damping".

What does "movement damping" in pressure gauge really means in data sheet?
I have gone through that term and found out that "Dampened Movement" minimizes effects of vibration without liquid filling.

Although I have found out that PG is filled with "Glycerine" and "Snubber" is used for reducing pressure fluctuation.
Uses of Glycerine has already provided the advantage of dampening properties to needle movement.

Does it mean uses of another accessories to dampen pointer movement?

Thanks in Advance.
shiplu48

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I know Wika has a dampened movement that was developed for applications that could not use liquid case filling. They mount a mechanical dampener right on the pointer shaft (like a dashpot).

Wika_dampened_movement_2.jpg

Link

If the manufacturer can't tell you what makes their dampened movement a dampened movement, then it's probably just the combination of the liquid fill and an orifice 'snubber' in the socket.

Thanks danw2 for your valuable input.

If the gauge is filled with liquid (glycerine) then I don't need to use movement damping.
If there is restriction to use liquid then I have to move for that movement damping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back