Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help becoming a MWD 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borg70f99

Electrical
Jan 4, 2007
US
Hey all,

Are there any books out their I can use to help me fully understand every aspect of becoming a MWD / DD

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

MWD= Measurement while drilling,
DD= Directional drilling/ driller

MWD provide data while the oil well bore hole is being drilled such as direction the drill bit is going as well as depth, pressure, etc. Measurements are done by instruments that are part of the drill string, hence the term, Measurement While Drilling (MWD)

A directional driller works with the rig's driller to ensure that the well is drilled in the correct direction to hit the oil and/or gas payzones in the earth's formation.

Both who works in the oil field exploration and production (E&P). As to understand all aspects of the work, there is non better than joining an oil and gas service company and getting the hands on experience.

Most DD's come from a MWD background.

Sperry Sun/ Halliburton is one such company. Another will be Baker Hughes' Inteq.

Checkout Rigzone.com, there you can search for other service companies, as well as books that deal with MWD and DD.

Good luck

Hey thanks for the info, I went to the link your provided, their was alot of information I will use. Thanks Mammut74 also for the info, Rigzone.com is now my home page.

PS. please read the tip section by Borg I posted it under tips, but really needed it in the question section.

Please help a newbee :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back