negative eigenvalues. solution not converging 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

H choudhary

Mechanical
May 20, 2023
AU
Hi,

I am running a test on a ceiling mount monitor bracket. I have been run the job for hours now but it keeps aborting. the warning messages are negative eigenvalues. my step configuration are okay, you can see the picture, I think you'll agree. I have also checked all my BCs, interactions and material properties but still can't find the error.
Could someone please explain what exactly could be the problem and how can i tackle negative eigenvalues warnings.

any help is appreciated.

thank you
question3_fubbpt.png

question6_tgwn5z.png

question5_rvkjwa.png

question4_tsxwp4.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are there any other warning messages ? Run eigenfrequency extraction analysis to see if all parts are connected properly (if not, they will detach in mode shapes).

I ran the frequency analysis and these are all the error warning. they were same for static analysis. the frequency analysis is still runnnig. -

FOR *TIE PAIR (ASSEMBLY_beam's surf icw pipe-ASSEMBLY_pipe's surf icw beam), NOT ALL THE NODES THAT HAVE BEEN ADJUSTED WERE PRINTED. SPECIFY *PREPRINT,MODEL=YES FOR COMPLETE PRINTOUT.

FOR *TIE PAIR (ASSEMBLY_joint's surf icw bracket-ASSEMBLY_bracket's surf icw joint), ADJUSTED NODES WITH VERY SMALL ADJUSTMENTS WERE NOT PRINTED. SPECIFY *PREPRINT,MODEL=YES FOR COMPLETE PRINTOUT.

130 nodes have been adjusted. The nodes have been identified in node set WarnNodeAdjust.

The system matrix has 1 negative eigenvalues.

the number of eigenvalues keep fluctuating.

The problem is with contacts. If you change them to tie constraints or tied contacts, the analysis will work and then you can bring the nonlinear contact interactions back one by one and see which pair is causing the issue. You should also refine the mesh, it's too coarse, especially in the thickness direction (there should be at least 3-4 layers of elements).

yeah i read the message file. the problem is with 2 regions of contact. i had to give it up . it required too much computation. i decided to go another way. I decided to analyse the vertical beam now. i just modelled the pipe and horizontal beam as wire structure and modelled the bracket as a solid and used MPC beam b/w beams and MPC tie b/w bracket and horizontal beam. it gave similar results.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=d2ee1c4a-58e2-401a-bcf4-d973cdf91006&file=new_design.cae
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back