Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEWBIE QUESTION : RBE3 problem or something else !? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davoue

Mechanical
Dec 4, 2014
CA
Hello every one,

I'm new at FEA Advance Simulation in NX9.

I have two parts one '' A '' is fixed and the other '' B '' is on top of it.

I made some RBE2 connections between the two parts.

At this time I can solve my solution.

But the part '' B '' is bending in the middle of it. I want it to lay down on the part '' A '' to see deviation of the part '' A '' when it support the weight of the part '' B ''.

I've been told to use RBE3 connections between the two parts because I don't want them to be rigid...

I connected the two parts with one nod on each parts.

The solver in .f06 give me fatal error :

*** USER FATAL MESSAGE 2038 (RBE3D)
RBE3 ELEMENT 51 IS SINGULAR.
USER ACTION: ADD MORE DOFS TO THE CONNECTED POINTS TO INSURE THAT THEY CAN CONSTRAIN ALL 6 RIGID BODY MODES
OF THE ELEMENT.

I tried to manually play with different DOFS configurations in mesh associated Data. I cannot find what is wrong with my RBE3.

Do I use the wrong connection ? Maybe it is a problem my nods are not really co linear?

I tried to find out what I'm doing wrong in this forum and I found nothing.

I hope you can help me folks to find what is my problem and BTW the your eng-tips forum are very helpfuuuulll!!!! :)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Merci Monsieur Naffoussi! ;) It works fine now ! :) I have to connect every nod one to another, I have a big parts with lots of nods to connect together. Do you have any suggestions if I want to connect them in a faster way !?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back