Newbie with a big problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

plumbcrazy

Mechanical
Feb 24, 2009
US
Hello all,

Thank you for taking time to help. I am faced with in my mind the impossible. A customer of mine needs me to increase water supply and demand without doing any type of piping. Here is the situation: You have a 10 thousand gallon storage tank with a existing 7.5 hp booster pump trying to feed a total of 1500 fixture units, with a total developed length of approximately 1600 LF of 1 1/2 PVC ran underground. What they are feeding is barns at a race track, and each barn has about 18 hose bib's and a total of four complete bathroom groups. Their reason for doing this is to get off the city water supply and get back on their well supply. I have offered variable speed drives, but my concern is that you can only push so much water through that size of line. I apologize for the stupidity I am spewing out here, but I can't wrap my head around this one. Am I off base by wanting to increase line sizes? Or is there something that could work here? Please help, I am desperate. Thank you in advance again.......

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The addition of one or more tanks seems to be the easiest way to handle the periodic higher demand. But, instead of chlorine, UV treatment on the tank(s) fill side would probably be better for the horses and whoever has to maintain the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back