Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No automatic bolt circle center lines using "Pattern Feature"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DipakPatil333

Industrial
Jun 26, 2013
FI
I am working in NX8,5.
I am not able get automatic centerline for the bolt circles using "Pattern Feature" as a circular instance in NX8,5
It creates simple center lines
But when i was using previous version NX6 that the command was different "Instance Feature" there i use to get the automatic bolt circle center lines
Did is there any way of doing it in NX8,5 or no option.
Please answer.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Can you please explain exactly what you mean by "...i use to get the automatic bolt circle center lines" with the emphasis on the word "automatic"? Can you provide a picture of what the NX 6.0 results would have looked like versus what you're getting with NX 8.5?

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

When u do circular array for a hole on cylinder or on the circular plate, then you got to drafting and place the view the center lines coming automatically. but not the bolt circle center lines, it creates simple center marks for each hole.

Yes, I get the same thing, simple centerline symbols and not a bolt circle centerline, but it's always worked that way, even with NX 6.0. That was why I was asking the question in the way that I did.

So getting back to your claim about NX 6.0, if you actually were getting a true bolt circle centerline, how were you doing that? And if so, could you provide at least a picture of what that NX 6.0 result looked like?

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back