Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NOOOOOO NX9 use ribbon interface 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
SDETERS , I have checked OnShape, but its a startup,we need NX to same like that some day ; ).

Not sure Siemens 4GD project will be completely in cloud. i guess Enovia V6 is cloud based.

John , i will check what you said, no single button like hide text for whole interface?

I guess the dock on second monitor will be significant benefit,at least when working on assemblies.

Edit - Just tried Icon only option using customize..works fine...

Why do you want "the cloud" ?
And what is it in the concept of storing you designs on "somebody elses" servers that attracts ?
I do not really see the benefit in renting disk space on the web compared to owning an equivalent server, if somebody else manages that cloud server, i will have to pay for that work too. If one has confidential design data, should one then store that "in the cloud" ?
Or have i misunderstood the Cloud definition ?

4GD requires NX to be run together with Teamcenter, nothing else.
I think Teamcenter can be in the cloud. ( i.e managed by somebody else on somebody else's servers)

Regards,
Tomas

Toost , we have our own cloud platform.

More interested in connected systems.from Modeling to Analysis/manufacturing etc.....

ps : Check Onshape as SDETERS mentioned for some possibilities.....Enovia 3D Experience is another one.[Not sure everything shown demo will work perfectly,they keep changing names regularly in last few years ; )]

Toost,

Some software runs on the "cloud" machines while your computer is more of a "browser" that interfaces with the cloud machine. That gives you the ability to exploit the performance of the 'cloud' machine. Processor, RAM, GPU, etc. Your own machine would then become a 'thin client' so to speak. With appropriate security measures, encrypted connections, whatever... I'm sure it's just as reasonably secure as any internet-facing office computer could be.

The cloud will align our collective synergies into an empowering, mission critical event horizon.

download.aspx

www.nxjournaling.com

Nice discussion [wink]

I did'nt read it completely.

I'm working with UG and NX since 1985, since more than 30 Years!
I hate the ribbons, they slow me down.
But I have arranged me and my company and we made a lot of ribbons till now. So it works in the moment.
We also write NX-Training books and there is no smart way to show the user where to find the discribed function.

- "Command Finder" - the way, You did CAD 30 Years ago.
- Showing the Icon - I can't find it on the Screen, where is it?
- Downloading prepared "NX-Ribbons to the NX-Book" - You have to install something and can't start immediately.
- Accessing via MENU - the only possibility, but it's boring always hitting this button.

Greatings from old Germany
Walter

love that one cowski, just what i needed on a friday! so sick of buzz words!

John,
You mentioned removing the text below the icon on the ribbon bar. Is that only in NX10 and not in NX9? I have not been able to get rid of the text under the icons.

Jimmyv44,

Menu -> Tools -> Customize

Right click on any icon and there should be options for Ribbon Style, which is where you can remove the text based on your choice. I could be wrong, but I don't believe you can remove the text in NX9 unless you have icons that aren't Large sized.

Tim Flater
NX Designer
NX 9.0.3.4 Win7 Pro x64 SP1
Intel Xeon 2.53 GHz 6GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 4000 2GB

Yes, the ability to remove the text from under LARGE icons was not available NX 9.0. That capability was introduced with NX 10.0.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back