Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX 10 split body / top down modeling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

ok got it working using extrude, would the next logical step be to use "create new" and select each body to represent a part. I try this and i cannnot get each body to save as a seperate part, i hate to do a sw comaprison but in sw you can split the body and name all the components and link them to the original top level assy, so if the top level assy, the piece parts automatically update. Sample file attached

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=08a91d48-f687-41eb-aad9-9b322e6b5012&file=HL-001640-003_01.prt
I believe you're wanting Menu -> Assemblies -> Component -> Create New Component.

Once you click the command, it will prompt for a template to use as well as the new file name and path to where you wish to save the new component. Select your template and then another dialog pops up where you pick the solid(s) that you want in the new component file; pick the solid(s) and define any other things like Reference Sets that you wish to utilize - I turning ON the delete option to delete the source solid(s) from the top level asm. When finished, look at your assembly navigator and your part navigator to make sure everything is set.

Fairly simple.

I'm using NX9, so hopefully this hasn't changed in NX10.

Tim Flater
NX Designer
NX 9.0.3.4 Win7 Pro x64 SP1
Intel Xeon 2.53 GHz 6GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 4000 2GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back