Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX 1899 - Broken Wave Links

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyKL.S

Civil/Environmental
Nov 6, 2018
CZ
Hi All,

I've recently switch from NX9 to 1899 and have encountered one problem. When I want to make new component within assembly based on existing one I'm using "make unique" command. In the new component all the Wave links are broken unfortunatelly.

However in NX9 when I had "Delayed Geometry, Expressions and PMI Updates" at the moment of creating new part and then re-link one of the broken links, the rest of them which refered to the same parent automatically fixed themselves. Now in NX1899 everythink is broken and I have to re-link every single one of them.

It's really frustrating when you expect some improvements in the new version and instead it's getting worse :(

Could anyone please tell me if I'm doing something wrong, maybe some settings to be changed.
P.S. I do not have Wave licence in NX9 nor NX1899.

Best Regards
MyKL
NX 9.0 / Win10

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Forgot to capture my load settings in the video, here are the options that were in use:
make_unique_load_options_ros4vt.png

www.nxjournaling.com

It also surprised me when it worked. Using the settings as shown results in the links being out of date, but not broken (as the video shows). When I used the fully load option with interpart data, the links were up to date even at creation.

Near the end of the video, I fully load the geometry component, which then allows NX to resolve the "up to date" status on the linked features.

www.nxjournaling.com

Hi guys,

yeah Didier is right what Cowski is missing. If you do "make unique" on all instances of the part it behaves the same as "save as" and all the links are fine.

But the point of the proces is to create two dirrerent components that have the same features (at the time of creation) and then you can work on and edit the newly created part.

Best Regards
MyKL
NX 9.0/1899 - Win10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back