Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX 6 sketch in drafting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

alfacrow

Mechanical
Jul 5, 2010
CZ
Hi, I have a problem using sketch in my drafting view. (using NX 6.0.1.5)

When I make some view active sketch view at the center of the area appears simple symbol of x,y,z axis. I can't get rid of that. Also sometimes, when the view is active some points or small crosses bounded with the view show on. I'm not sure if this points are printed in the end, but the axis symbol surely is.

Some advices to turn it off?

thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Move that WCS to one of the layer
Go to Format->Visible in View-> Turn off the layer
Now u will not be able to see the WCS in active sketch view

I'm not troubled with the WCS symbol, which is turning off and on as you said.

but when I make some view of drafting the active sketch, there appears symbol like WCS but in green, and it's not selectable in view nor in expanded view. it's the atribute of active sketch.

when I newly open part it's not displayed but when I make some sketch active it appears and i'm not able to turn it off. so i can turn it off by reopening the part but its a little bit annoying before every printing...

I appended the printscreen. (WCS is ok, the Green is the problem :) )

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=63092703-384e-43fc-882a-fc7e78723e08&file=wcs_nx.png
If you want to see the sketches in drafting views, place the CSYS on another layer and turn them off in the drawing. For ex on layer 15 CSYS and datum planes, on layers 11/12/13/... sketches and on layers 10/20/30/40/... the solids.

Best regards,

Michäël.

NX4.0.4.2 MP10 / TCE 9.1.3.8_build_0711 / NX6.0.5.3 + TC8.1 Unified / NX7.0.0.9

Belgium

That isn't that thing i'm stuck on. I don't have problem with the standart csys, but with some kind of csys that shows when you turn drafting view Sketch active. it's completely green, and I can't select it in any way I could think of, so I can't hide it to another layer. It's shown in the image I posted previously.

And another question.. It's marvelous that I can make dimension in the sketch mode in drafting in modify sketch entities by this way, but then when I want to make normal dimension, it sometimes makes just that driving dimension of the sketch, which is wholy green(again :), or whatever color you have set). And I want standard two color dimension of drafting to have in the draft.Any way to specify, which type of dimension it will make??

Regards

The csys you're referring to appears to be a 'saved csys'. If so, it's probably also visible in other views, and in your model.

If you go to modelling, can you simply hide it, or as suggested, move it to another layer that isn't visible in the view ?

Another picture...

on the left side is the symbol Im talking about (green,its bhard to see, covered with green line, signs X Y). on the right side there is datum CSYS from modeling viewed in drafting and in it, marked just with yx, xc signs WCS, which I can turn off by format/wsc/display. So the symbol I want to hide is not one of those too.

As I said: a) the green symbol can't be selected in drawing or in expanded view, and don't have any connection with model, it's not it's part, just some symbol drawn by ugs/drafting interface, so the solution should some option in settings of NX. (as I can't select it I can't move it to any layer.)

b) on file opening you can't see it, but it appeats as soon as I choose option on any of views Make active sketch, and after that it remains visible until closing the part. Its also printed.
So again it perhaps could be disabled with some option in settings, perhaps concerning the sketch in drafting options.

Thanks for your replies, I doubt we'll find some solution here, because it's simply some system drawed symbol, and because you obviously don't have problem with that, it must be some remnant in my exact version of UGS.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=6d180242-3b82-46fd-8373-d5c219c9675b&file=xyz.jpg
Ok, try this, goto your model (if you work master - model do as well the master as the specification) into modeling app. goto edit - Show and Hide - Show All (CTRL+ SHIFT + U).

Maybey if you are lucky the Csys will appear and you can delete it.

Sometimes these Csys are hidden in the model itself and yes then they pop up in the drafting app.

Best regards,

Michäël.

NX4.0.4.2 MP10 / TCE 9.1.3.8_build_0711 / NX6.0.5.3 + TC8.1 Unified / NX7.0.0.9

Belgium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back