Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX 7.5.5 Crashes often when I open another file

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkF1

Mechanical
Jun 30, 2010
US
While opening a series of files the system just closes. With the message "NX Component has stopped working" I also get
*** EXCEPTION: Severe error 904 in line 161 of O:\ugnx755\ip4\src\syss\sm\ind\sm_init.c at Thu Jun 07 08:29:06 2012 Eastern Daylight Time
+++ Attempt to free already free block at &000000000040495B
in the syslog after the last file that fails.
Any ideas would be helpfull.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have called GTAC, we have been on it for two days. They have not been able to help, YET! I believe it will be fixed I just dont know when.

Does it only affect a certain workstation and/or file?
If it only affects 1 workstation, perhaps a reinstall of NX is in order. If it is a certain file or combination of files, perhaps they are corrupt.

www.nxjournaling.com

Do you have part attributes in the files for driving the BOM? I had an error once that was traced back to deleteing a part attribute of a part that was used in the assembly I was trying to open. The assembly wanted the attribute that was no longer there in the component.

Remove the part from the assembly structure and readd it fixed the error. I think the assembly loaded if I used Load No Components, then removed the component from the structure.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Hi MarkF1 -

Can you please try UN-selecting "Use Partial Loading" under Load options.. I had similar problem like this. I hope this may help you.

Regards,

Arvind A Jeevannavar
Mechanical Design Engineer

UG 7.5.5.4 & TC 8.3

After I set the scope to structure only I got some relief. But after a short while it returned. I uninstalled an reinstalled 7.5 and 7.5.4 I did not go to 7.5.5 which is where I was having the trouble. I have been running all morning with no crashes as of yet. Fingers crossed, I hope it lasts.

I am getting this error, that GTAC and I are working on. It is only my workstation.

Code:
Loading "C:\Users\cdwicher\Desktop\Parametric Model\Bottom Corner Extension (EP2832).prt" which was saved in NX V7.5
  Read in all for part "C:\Users\cdwicher\Desktop\Parametric Model\Bottom Corner Extension (EP2832).prt", cpu    0.062, real    0.017
Partition info: RM:1 (0.0, 0.0) CM:1 (0.0, 0.0) EXP:1 (0.0, 0.0) PATT:1 (0.0, 0.0) OCC:1 (0.0, 0.0) PS:1 (0.0, 0.0) KF:1 (0.0, 0.0) 
Load Component Set: 0.1s cpu, 0.0s real
Load and Update Component Set: 0.2s cpu, 0.1s real
*** EXCEPTION: Severe error  69 in line 195 of O:\ugnx755\ip4\src\syss\no\ind\Error_Severe.cxx at Mon Oct 29 10:02:52 2012 Pacific Daylight Time
+++ C++ std::exception caught: Specified license context does not exist or no longer has any licenses reserved against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back