Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX 8.5 visibility of sketch in drafting

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerryLynch

Mechanical
Feb 10, 2012
US
Hi,

I have NX 8.5 and I am working on a drawing where I need to insert some crosshatching to designate a keep out zone. I've created a sketch in the view I need the crosshatch, put in the geometry to define the boundaries, and crosshatched them. However when I update the view the crosshatching loses it's associativity and I can see, in some places the sketch sticking out from behind the view almost like it's on the other side of the part. I've attached a snapshot of what I'm talking about.

The view is a projected view and is of the "Back side" of the object. How do I stop this from happening?

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=ab1fd213-6eb9-40cf-b745-ea738c7cd017&file=Sketch_after_update.JPG
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Jerry,
Since you have manually created the hatch,(and is not a section) Software(NX) cannot differentiate between the parts coming above it. So you get the result once you hide the parts in the rear and update the view(my opinion)
So the solution I can think of is to change the boundary condition according to the view ie instead of the circular boundary,use a boundary where you need to see the hatches in that particular view only

Shetty,
Using NX 10.0.1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back