Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX5 View Border in drafting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darthdad

Mechanical
Aug 19, 2005
Hi Everyone

Can someone please help me with switching on and off the view borders in drafting? I am working on NX5.0.1.4
I don't see the drafting preferences option anymore.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi John

Thanks for the reply.
I managed to find it by switching back to a 'Last release role'.
For some reason the drafting under the preferences tab was missing. Is this a bug?

Darthdad,

It's probably due to the Role you're using. Try switching to an Advanced role with Full Menus.

Tim Flater
Senior Designer
Enkei America, Inc.

Some people are like slinkies....they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Hi Tim

I have tried the Advanced role with full menus, it still is not there. This only started after I had updated to the latest maintenance release NX5.0.1.4.
I'm back on me old release and it's there.

I'm using 5.0.1.4 and I'm seeing it just fine, so I doubt it was the update.

If you MB3 over a toolbar and select Customize from the pulldown, the Customize dialog will appear. Click on the Options tab and see if Always Show Full Menus is checked. If that doesn't work, click the Reset Folded Menus button and see what happens.

An update should never remove a command from a pulldown unless it's documented in the Release Notes or just flat out a major bug.

I would also think that if you keep using this previous Role, you might miss out on other items that will appear in the menus with newer NX5 updates. That's just a guess though.

Tim Flater
Senior Designer
Enkei America, Inc.

Some people are like slinkies....they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back