Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX6 Annotation Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmgCAD

Aerospace
Jul 9, 2008
US
Hello All,
I've tried searching for the following topics, but haven't found anything, so if I repeat a previously posted question, please forgive and point me in the right direction.

My questions are:

Now that we can add/remove an all around symbol from annotation leaders, can we add/remove them from radial dimensions? How? If it's not automated, what's the best method for doing this?

Also, we have long been able to wrap a box around portions of text by using the "<&70><+>xxxx<+><&90>" control codes...is there a control code for wrapping a hexagon around portions of text? Are these control codes documented anywhere?

And finally... in the ID symbol dialog box when you choose the 'show shortcut' option in the type pulldown, only a few of the selections are available as buttons. Is there a way to change the options that show as icons. We use a lot of hex and rounded box symbols on our drawings, but those two don't show up as shortcut buttons by default.

Any help on any of the above questions would be greatly appreciated!

-Peg NX5.0.5.3 soon to be NX6.0.3.6

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Is there a standard which allows you to use an 'all around' symbol on radial dimensions?

I'm not aware of any control characters which will construct a hexagon around a text string. The best you could do would be to create a Hexagon ID Symbol.

As for documenting the supported control symbols, go to...

User Document ion -> Drafting -> Appendices -> Symbols and Text Control Characters

And the behavior of the 'short-cut' icon option is to show from 4 to 5 icons based on those which are most commonly used (your last couple of selections should remain visible when you next access a dialog which shows short-cut icons).

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Design Solutions
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

John,
Not that I'm aware of....other than our company drafting room manual that has a few such questionable entries. :eek:)
I cannot argue the lack of industry standard, I can only ask how to make it work. (-:

We currently use the hex id symbol, but paste it over a few extra spaces in the text portion of the annotation when it has to be included in a note. It would be nice to imbed the symbol in the note or be able to wrap a few characters in the note with the hex.

Thank you for directing me to the control characters! And thank you for your continuing support!!
-Peg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back