Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX7.5 High Resolution image output

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPowers2

Aerospace
May 8, 2003
GB
People,

can someone point me towards the best method of exporting from NX7.5 a high resolution file from
a Renderred image. I am needing something that can be printed large and still hold its
definition and clarity ...

many thanks in advance

Gary

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you have the Photo-quality rendering code, you can do it. The result is an image stored on disk. I have seen some images take hours to compute because of the detail.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

We have the rendering module and I have the option to shade things in high quality but the only way I see to export an image (TIFF) is dependent on screen resolution. Is there a way to export a higher that screen resolution?

When you have the High Quailty Image dialog open, select the 1st icon 'Image Perferences' and then under 'Image Size' change it to 'User Defined' and then you can set any image parameters that you wish including both size and resolution. But be warned, creating large images with high resolutions can take a very long time.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Note that you need to save the image thru the high quality dialog and not via File - export. ( The latter will screendump the display and not the true rendered image.)
I once rendered an image that printed was 5 meters long (!) the file was so large that windows could not display it on the screen. The printshop people was happy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back