Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

NX9 sketch constraint pre-select

Status
Not open for further replies.

roseda

Automotive
Oct 4, 2001
GB
Q1) After preselecting geometry for constraining, is there anyway to get the floating constraint toolbar back if it disappears?

Q2) For equal radius and concentric constraints, I have to deselect the Arc Centre snap pretty much everytime - is there a way to turn the snap off permanently?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Q1) press c
Q2) adapt your template part in sketch uncheck the snap arc centre option , save

Best regards,

Michaël.

NX8.5.3 + TC Unified 8.3
Win 7 64 bit

Q1) Say I'm in a situation where I've picked several arcs that I want to make the same radius, gone looking to see if I've missed any and the floating constraint toolbar disappears. It is that one that I want to get back.

Michaël, pressing c brings up the normal geometric constraint window but then the geometry has to be reselected.

Q2) Thanks both. Alt key method is good but has to be released between each pick else floating constraint toolbar does not appear. While playing, I found that if you select the arc with the outside of the cursor rather than the centre it picks the arc rather than the centre.

roseda said:
Q1) After preselecting geometry for constraining, is there anyway to get the floating constraint toolbar back if it disappears?

I find the disappearing toolbar to be fairly annoying. The only way I've found to make it reappear is to deselect and reselect one of the curves.

www.nxjournaling.com

As for Q2), while this might not be all that convenient, it's at least something that you can do on-the-fly without any extra gestures and that is to try to select the arc with the crosshairs of your cursor OUTSIDE of the arc. If the crosshairs are INSIDE the arc, and you have the 'Arc Center' snap point enabled, it will always select the arc's center. But if the crosshairs of the cursor are OUTSIDE when you select, it will pick the arc object itself ( but you will probably NOT want to have the 'Point on Curve' snap point toggled ON).

As for Q1), the only thing that you can do without having to start your selections over again is to place your cursor over one the currently highlighted curves and press MB3 as that will bring-up the full object-specific pop-up menu but it will include ALL of the valid constraints that you could apply to the selected curves.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

John,

For Q1, thanks for clarifying what I mentioned in my earlier post.

For Q2, that is just what I wanted.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back