Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Office HVAC Tenant Improvement Cost Estimate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremiah187

Mechanical
Mar 14, 2008
CA
Anyone have any square foot estimates for Ventilation and or Sprinkler tenant improvements in an Office Building? Or Just plain HVAC?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks Chris!
Just out of curiosity, what is your location?

I'm working out of Yellowknife, nearly in the arctic. I need to tack on 25 to 50% extra on those numbers.

I've found Means' to be as good as anything, based on a take-off with fudge factors for overhead work, size of the job, and market conditions. There's just too much difference if you are just relocating diffusers or adding zones (VAV's), electric or HW reheat, and controls work. There are big differences between $/sf costs if you are doing 3,000 SF vs. 15,000+.

Chris I am still amazed how the natives could have survived leaving east of Calgary and west of Winnipeg

Take the "V" out of HVAC and you are left with a HAC(k) job.

have you noticed the temperatures in yellowknife recently... im not sure how they did it either... i just got back from fort good hope, the sun came up at 10:30 and disapeared again at 2:10... i'm not sure how people deal... It is pretty bad when you get to work and somebody says at least it has warmed up a bit to -32 C. Warm, oh yeah... sweating... hahaha

It's not just the cold, it's the swings. Today the high is -2C, tommorow the high is -33C... how do you adapt to that?

I agree that the 'endless night' would be extra hard to deal with. We get sunrise around 9:30 and sunset around 4:30pm at the worst case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back