Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Open part problem (load object on demand)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadazaras

Mechanical
Jul 10, 2018
CH
The model I try to open is used as a skeleton, to share the geometries to other files on the same assembly tree:

A(assembly)
B(skeleton) (part whick fails to open)​
C (part with geometries linked from B)​
D (part with geometries linked from B)​

Problem comes when I try to delete part C (which I dont need anymore) and somehow part B needs this file (C) to be loaded when opening so I can not delete succesfully part C since part B requires it.

There are no links from C to B. I can't find where is the relation existing between model B and C.

Desperated I have even opened the part with the problem (B) with a text editor and checked that there is some information stored from part C but using NX software I can not find this relation.

In following image part B is called "40_00.prt"
Capture_q5ojlr.png

Thanks beforehand for any help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Did you check the logfile from NX? Maybe there is more information in there.
Start a clean session and reproduce the error.

Ronald van den Broek
Senior Application Engineer
Winterthur Gas & Diesel Ltd
NX9 / TC10.1.2

Building new PLM environment from Scratch using NX12 / TC11

There may be an interpart expression involved that is causing the dependency between the two component parts. You can look in Tools > Expressions to verify. I hope this helps!

RJ

Thanks,

RJ

NX 12, Teamcenter 11, Windows 10

using skeletons with NX is not a common practice, it is used with ProE, so very few people here would have any idea what you are talking about, but my best advice would be to fully load all the components of the assembly before opening up the assembly itself.
My next best advice would be to stop using skeletons with NX, there are better ways to do what you want to do without adding that complexity.

Jerry J.
UGV5-NX11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back