Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outputting G84.2 in post...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FG4608

Mechanical
Jun 15, 2009
US
Hello,

I am trying to change the tapping cycle in my post to output G84.2 for rigid tapping as opposed to the default G84

does anybody have any suggestions as to how to accomplish this?

Thanks Beforehand!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can set the option in the set parameters and then using this as a trigger you can change the block template that is used in PB or you might be able to just change the mom var that makes the 84 an 84.2. I have done this but it has been a while.

Everything I tried inside PB is making all my 'motion' G variables have decimals and I don't need that...
Unless I'm missunderstanding you, I think changing the mom variable may be the way to go. I'm assuming I have to manually edit a file, but where do I find this file and what is it's name?

In Post builder you can create a new G word by selecting the existing G_motion and select create, this copies the existing G_motion
I renamed mine to G_motion_tap and then added the trailer as .2

Now you can edit the cycle to use the custom G word.

You will need to enable the editing of the tap cycle from the common parameters dialog. Then you can remove the original G84 and add the new G_motion_tap word.

John Joyce
Tata Technologies
1675 Larimer St.
Denver, CO

NX5,6 Solid Works, Solid Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back