Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paper Stacker? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

foodprojengr

Chemical
Jun 25, 2008
US
I need to get a quote for a device that would neatly stack sheets of paper as they're fed off of a belt, then when the stack reaches a certain height and/or weight,the stack would be automatically moved onto a pallet which would be taken away to be shrink wrapped.

I don't know where to start? Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Jagenberg is the company that first springs to mind. But there are scores of others.

It depends a lot on size and volume. If the sheets are about legal/A4 size, then Jagenberg may be too large for you. Bielomatik has units for smaller sizes.

A simple stacker table can be made from a piece of slanting plywood with rims on two sides to keep the papers. Vibrate the whole thing slightly to get an even stack. A counter is usually better than a height switch or weighing. It depends on how important the exact contents of the stack is.

Gunnar Englund
--------------------------------------
100 % recycled posting: Electrons, ideas, finger-tips have been used over and over again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back