Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Part I made are and placed into an assembly are not loading for others when said file is opened 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mseibt16

Industrial
May 3, 2024
US
Hi all,

I am very new to NX and the engineering work environment, and have just a college background using solid works. Currently I have an assembly made with parts from other jobs or folders that are loading fine. My issues is that I made a few parts on my own and loaded them in as assemblies, and that works perfectly fine. The problem is that when my boss or other go to view the file, the parts I created don't show up at all, only the boxed outline where the part should be. Other engineers have been able to change the load option to show the parts, which is only a solution for engineering. The parts need to be loaded every time as other non-engineers may not know to look for other loaded parts. This has become a major inconvenience for me. Is there anyway I should be saving the parts personally that I am currently not doing, or a load option setting that I am completely missing. This is not a layering issue, as that is what I first thought it was, but the parts load completely for me when I open the files after closing NX.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I can not upload or share the files on here as they are protected documents.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What change to the load options did the other engineer make that made your part load?

My guess would be that the other engineer's load option was set to either "load from folder" or "search folders" and your part was saved outside of those search parameters. If this is the case, the easy fix is to save your parts to a location that is included in the search path.

www.nxjournaling.com

To be honest I'm not sure what they are selecting for the part to become viewable. The files are saved on a common company server and engineering drive, but in our own individual drive/folder. I would like all parts to load when the file is open with "as saved". This is the first assembly I have made, also I'm not too familiar with the NX terminology or locations of features as I have only been using NX for a few weeks outside of basic training.

If your users can not see your personal folder then they will not load. You will need to put these parts in a location that all of the users can see and access.

mseibt16 said:
To be honest I'm not sure what they are selecting for the part to become viewable.

You should ask them; we can make educated guesses, but they have the answer.

Based on your description so far: you have created a component, added it to an assembly, and saved both the component and assembly. It works ok when you open the assembly, but not when someone else opens the assembly. The component shows up in the assembly navigator, but does not show up in the graphics window.

If the above is correct, I'd suggest looking into reference sets. Your load option for ref sets may be different from other users. If your new component is a top level component of the assembly in question, the assembly may be loading up the empty reference set or some company default reference set which you have not properly used in your component part. If your component was added to a sub-assembly, your component may not be in the used reference set of the sub-assembly. Usually, sub-assemblies make use of the "entire" ref set or the "model" ref set with the option "automatically add components to ref set". If the sub-assembly uses a different ref set (or the "add components" option is turned off), you may need to manually add your component to it.

www.nxjournaling.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back