Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Plotting multiple drawings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janz99

Mechanical
Feb 19, 2012
CA
Hey guys, I'm new to Creo so this may be a dumb questions. Is there a way to plot multiple drawings side by side? I print quite a few A size drawings, and it seems like such a waste having 12-18" worth of extra paper to cut off when I plot a single drawing at a time.

If there is, any suggestions on where to find the information in order to set this up?

Thanks
Ryan

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There is no way unless all of the sheets are in the same file.
One company I used to work for had an Oce plotter that we programmed to stack multiple A and B size drawings submitted and not plot until the plotter could fill the paper width. It was nice....until you needed that 1 plot now.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Why not send A size to a laser printer?

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

is it possible to post several sheets of a drawing to a plotter (or pdf) at once? currently we print to pdf each one of them and then plot, but it's time consuming.

Some plotters have a setting on how long they will wait for another job to come along before they start to print so they can nest them. If yours can do that you could use pro/batch to send a bunch of plots in rapid succession. With the proper setup the plotter should be able to nest them and cut down on paper usage. But seriously, why are you sending A size plots to a large format plotter? It has to cost several times more per page than an office laser printer. Our large format plotter sits unused 99% of the time, everyone uses the laser printer.

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back