Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Postprocessing, plot results 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luca97

Structural
Jul 22, 2008
IT
Hello all,

I'm trying to plot my results but I've some problems. My structure is a sort of frame, and I'm using element Beam44 for all my elements.

The problem is that I can only plot the DOF solutions (displacements) from nodal plot and elem plot. For the other data I need to use always ETABLE.

Is it right that there are no results if I try to plot data like "Elem Plot>Stress>X component" and the program shows to me a structure whole red as it reads no data?

I guess that there is something wrong in my solution if the program cannot read data like stress, or elastic strain in nodal and element plot...

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I guess that the problem is that all the other solutions are "derived" from the DOF solution, perhaps I need to calculate the solutions in some way with a command, as I've done with ETABLE?

Hi,

you will have to use ETABLE (like you said) and PLETAB.

Regards
Alex

Okay. So there are no ways to use PLNSOL,S,X to plot the x component of the stress? Or PLESOL? Because PLNSOL works only if i plot the DOF.

Hi,

no, for some elements (like line elements) it's not possible to use plnsol,s,x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back