Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Predictions are very difficult-especially of the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregLocock

Automotive
Apr 10, 2001
Orbiting a small yellow star
Met Office anticipates very wet uk summer oh woe is us.

I've been here 3 weeks, including Wales, and we haven't actually worn a raincoat yet (we were driving the one wet day) . Rainfall has been slightly below average thus far.

So why does the Met Office issue these warnings, which are as likely as not to fail? Do they possibly have an agenda?

Cheers

Greg Locock

New here? Try reading these, they might help FAQ731-376

Well that was issued end of May.

June was a washout even in the south and for many parts of the country especially the northern half it's been wave after wave of rain.

Last weeks of August have been the best of the weather so you've been lucky.

Ask most people about this summers weather and they will tell you the first half has been very wet indeed.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

where is Wales ? Pembrokeshire ?

"Wir hoffen, dass dieses Mal alles gut gehen wird!"
General Paulus, Nov 1942, outside Stalingrad after the launch of Operation Uranus.

Article said:
Climate change is largely to blame for the UK’s wetter weather

It’s funny how they’ve all latched onto rain being due to climate change. For decades we were told rain was going to go away; the planet boiled dry. I recall Flannery’s stark warnings in the early 2000s of “permanent desertification”. Of course, that didn’t happen. The planet continued to rain. All because of climate change.

Where is Wales? Honestly,look it up....

Pembrokeshire is one of the counties of Wales.

Still always raining there....

gee-zes ... the point was I was interested where Greg had been. Yes, I know Pembrokeshire is in Wales ... I thought it was a very nice part of Wales (particularly St Davids, but any of the coastline).

General Paulus, Nov 1942, outside Stalingrad after the launch of Operation Uranus.

[afro2]

Did you mean to say where IN Wales??

Geography isn't always high on the list of s lot of your fellow countrymen....

The pembrokeshire coast walk is lovely, I did that pre covid and in fact pre wife. This time we were up near Mold and out to Snowdonia, rather inland from (ie south of) the very nasty expressway. The geology (BIL is a geologist) is a continuation of the fabulous North yorks moors, and we wandered happily around limestone pavements and various forests and moors, and didn't fall down any mineshafts, from the last 3000 years. I am pleased to report the remaining pubs are great. There may be a sampling bias there.

Cheers

Greg Locock

New here? Try reading these, they might help FAQ731-376

oh, ok, "duh" ... sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back