Pump Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

WissamH

Civil/Environmental
Jun 11, 2024
IQ
Dear All,

I need to pump 21 L/s at 105 m of head into a water network. The pump I plan to purchase is going to be from KSB. Can you please help select a suitable pump based on the design values I mentioned?

Kind regards,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Did you mean to write his as an email to KSB?

Be aware the pump needs to know differential pressure so you need to fill in a data sheet and send it to KSB.

You also need to tell them things like electrical supply etc.

Or do some homework and at least narrow it down a bit.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

Dear LittleInch,

I did not mean to write an email. The analysis I did revealed that I will need a pump that can supply a flow rate of Q = 21 liters/sec at a pressure head H = 105 m. Now I need to select a pump that can give me the required conditions mentioned. I plan to select a pump from KSB. However, I don't have enough experience to do so and I don't know the right steps for selecting the appropriate pump. I assume that the starting point would be looking at the characteristics curve of the pump. I would appreciate any help explaining the right steps.

But take note of the issue about differential head.

Pumps don't deliver a set head, they deliver the difference between what the inlet pressure / head is and the outlet head/pressure.

You are better off talking to a local technical sales rep at KSB, but they will need or tell you to provide certain minimum information. Just quoting one duty point (flow at a certain discharge head) isn't enough.

OP,
pierrreick had given good direction with the KSB Brochure.

Start with Fig 17 and drill down to get the characteristics curve for the specific pump.

GDD
Canada

Dear shvet, I used the KSB Easy Select tool using the link you provided. However, when I entered my required Q = 75.6 m3/hr and H = 105 m, the tool didn't select any of the products for me. I looked at the performance curves available in the catalog, I could not find any of the pumps with a curve that matches my operating values. I am not sure what the reason is or if I am not using the tool properly.

As a follow-up to my previous post, the pump is supposed to be installed in a pumping station and transport water for water supply.

Wissam,

You're not listening to me or Pierreick.

You need to know DIFFERENTIAL HEAD, not what head you want at the discharge.

The curves will show the min and max pump curves (min and max impellor size) which then get amended to match your required duty. So as long as your required duty is somewhere between min and max you're good.

Dear Pierreik and LittleInch, apologies for my poor explanation. Yes, the 105 m is the TDH. Pierreik, which booklet you are referring to? I would appreciate it if you can provide a link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back