Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quadro FX580

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philip3

Mechanical
Oct 16, 2010
HU
Hi All,

I've got the following configuration:
DualCore Intel Core i3 570 (3,06 GHz)
Gigabyte GA-P55-US3L
Kingston 2x2 GB DDR3
Nvidia Quadro FX 580 (with latest driver)
Op: Win7

My problem is the Solidworks 2009 is very slow on it. I tried different driver, setup, but nothing helped.
Shall it cause the wrong hardver pairing or wrong setup?

Thank you in advance!

Philip

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Define very slow.... What is SolidWorks slow at?

What did you have for computer specs before this one that worked well?

What are you designing in SW? Big assemblies, somthing with a lot of surfaces, or smallish parts/assemblies?

Check your driver first for make sure it is an the approved driver list for your card.

Cheers,

Anna Wood
Core i7 EE965, FirePro V8700, 12 Gb RAM, OCZ Vertex 120 Gb SSD, Dell 3008WFP 30" Monitor
SW2011 PR1, Windows 7 x64

I will also add...

That processor will likely never be a screamer for SW. It was designed as a low pwer, low cost, low end cpu from Intel.

For SW performance you want to be looking at Core i5 at a minimum and Core i7 fot best performance.

Cheers,

Anna Wood
Core i7 EE965, FirePro V8700, 12 Gb RAM, OCZ Vertex 120 Gb SSD, Dell 3008WFP 30" Monitor
SW2011 PR1, Windows 7 x64

I didn't find approved driver for Win7 & SW2009, so a use the latest one (259.57), and this was the first which have been installed.

Op: Win7, Prof. X32
Benchmark test (Total rebuild time):
Punch holder: 100,73 sec.
204457, Carrier: 44,96 sec.

My problems are the following:
- When I open an assy. with 2 simple (i.e. 2 rings) parts and I want to expand the tree the program thinking about 3-5 sec. when do this.
- When I want to modify the sketch and changing the display style it doesn't refresh.

Philip3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back