Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Isolate Body" command for Siemens NX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jerry, NX don't have any Isolate body command. What you are talking about is the "Isolate Component in new window" command. And the problem is that this command is available only in the assembly file. So if you have several component in an assembly you can isolate any of the component/components in new window. But there is no option to isolate body/bodies in the part file. So, this program that I developed, isolate bodies in part file and this program will not work in assembly environment.

NX does not have "a" ( 1) isolate body, but it has "invert selection", which would require 4 clicks instead of 1.
i.e Ctrl+B, select the thing-s to keep, "Invert Selection" , OK.

Regards,
Tomas

The more you know about a subject, the more you know how little you know about that subject.

Yes, I use INVERT SELECTION quite often,
If it is too many mouse clicks for you then a macro can always be created with a customized macro button that triggers it.

Jerry J.
UGV5-NX1899

Hi Tomas,
In NX you can hide bodies easily by invert selection. But when you need to unhide only those bodies that were hidden earlier is impossible. You have to either unhide all the bodies at once or unhide the intended bodies one by one. Whereas isolate body command only unhides the intended bodies that were hidden earlier.

Regards,
Mubin

explore all the commands (under HIDE) that begin with SHOW and one
of them should be able to show what is needed when many are hidden,

CAPTURE_t2ai4c.png

Jerry J.
UGV5-NX1899

Hi Jerry,
This is exactly what I was saying in my previous comment. "You have to either unhide all the bodies at once or unhide the intended bodies one by one." The commands you mentioned in the screenshot unhides the all the bodies or a class of bodies or one by one. Unhiding your intended bodies by these commands is tedious and it will slow down your modeling speed. But in isolate command it will hide the unselected visible bodies when you run the command first time then when you run the command again it will return only those bodies again. This is the power.

Suppose you have 100 bodies. 40 of them are currently hidden. So 60 bodies are currently visible. Now suppose you want to work on 3 bodies and temporarily hide the rest 57 bodies. Just select those 3 bodies and run isolate command, those 57 bodies will be hidden. Now do wahatever work you need to do on the 3 bodies then run the isolate command again and it will return all the 57 bodies hidden earlier. If you had to unhide those 57 bodies with the commands you mentioned above, think how many times it will consumed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back