Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Make Current Feature" or Rollback option in Siemens NX 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mato148

Mechanical
Feb 22, 2023
US
Hey all,

In every CAD program I've used, there has been an obvious "rollback" feature that allows the designer to step through each feature in the feature tree to see how the part was made.

Does this not exist in NX???

I'm aware of the "Make Current Feature" option but this is far from from stepping through each step in the feature tree. The user has to right click on each individual feature and then select the "Make Current Feature" option just to see one of the steps. This is a very tedious process. Wherein other programs, there is a bar or line that you can drag up and down the feature tree to see each step. This is a CRITICAL feature when seeing how other designers are making parts.

Please tell me this exists in NX.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Search for "feature replay" in your command finder.

Mato148 said:
I'm aware of the "Make Current Feature" option but this is far from from stepping through each step in the feature tree. The user has to right click on each individual feature and then select the "Make Current Feature" option just to see one of the steps. This is a very tedious process.

Also, depending on the version of NX you are using, you can enable a column in the part navigator called "current feature"; a click in the cell will make the corresponding feature the current feature. Twice as fast as your current, tedious 2-click procedure! [glasses]

www.nxjournaling.com

When you are looking for something in NX enter what you are looking for in
the COMMAND FINDER near the upper right corner of the NX window.

Jerry J.
UGV5-NX1899

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back