Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Remote Selected in ATS48 Soft Starter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Mr. Histor (Electrical)(OP)31 May 23 07:20
" What terminals to use for Remote selected in ATS48 soft Starter? "
1. Please furnish the Brand/manufacturer of the soft starter. Different manufacturer has different designation No. and terminal marking.
2. what do you mean by remote selection? Do you mean " local Remote" only with the selector switch located near the Soft starter or at the [start stop local remote] control station in the field, near to the motor location.
Che Kuan Yau (Singapore)

different

We can’t answer that for you as we don’t know what the rest of your control circuit looks like and what you mean by “Remote”.

The Schneider ATS48 soft starter is not a VFD with flexible logic programming of inputs and outputs. For the most part, any control logic to select local or remote control is done in external wiring. The only possible exception is if you are using the comm port as a control source instead of wiring. If so, then you CAN reprogram Logic Input 1 to select for that possibility. Whether or not your starter has been programmed this way is something you will have to determine and to change it, read the manual.

" We are all here on earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for I don't know." -- W. H. Auden

Hi Jraef,
Yes. We are using communication cable from Soft starter to PLC. This soft starter has only 2 programmable logic inputs (LI3 & LI4). I have done wiring from Reset button to LI3 and programmed as "Fault reset". I have wired selector switch to LI4 for "Local mode / Remote mode selected" but can't find suitable setting to program. Any advise what to set here to let PLC know that I have selected remote mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back