Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RISA FLOOR ERROR 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonycampos88

Structural
Aug 22, 2013
US
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY THE FOLLOWING ERROR KEEPS SHOWING UP EVERY TIME I START A NEW MODEL:

"Can't resolve loads because there are no diaphragm edges"

THE ERROR WON'T GO AWAY UNTIL I PUT IN SOME BEAMS AND COLUMNS TO BE ABLE TO CREATE A DIAPHRAGM EDGE. HOW DO I GET RID OF IT?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It means that the any area loads or deck loads you've created are thrown away because there is not defined slab / diaphragm boundary.

Point loads and line load directly applied to members will still be applied and solved for. But, any load applied in the "space" between beams is lost.... because there is no deck / slab to apply it to.

Hey Thanks for your answer.

I understand what the error means. My problem is that even when I'm starting a new model from scratch and just by opening the program, this error will pop out and it won't let me start modeling anything until I put the diaphragm edge in (I guess because, as you mentioned, it is looking to solve the default loads that I didn't put in).
I've been using Risa Floor for quite some time now and not until lately I've been having this problem.

Thanks!

You might take a look at your plot options. If the default setting for your plot options is to display your area load "as applied" or the deck "as applied" then the program is trying to resolve the user input deck (or default deck) relative to the slab edges.

That would explain the problem. If you just change those two settings to "as input" rather than "as applied" then that error should stop pestering you.... If I am correct about the cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back