Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Section Analysis - How to measure how the section area of the pipe changes along the guide curve ? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevethb

Specifier/Regulator
Nov 27, 2008
DE
Hello

I`m trying to find a feature which allows me to check how the section ( mm2 ) of the pipe changes along the guide curve ?

I have a Swept feature. One section at the beginning and one section at the end. I created a surface using these two sections and a guide curve. I used Scalling Method - Constant ( I know I can use Are Law ).

How can I automaticly or semi automaticly check if my section changes in linear way or not ? Ideally it would be great if the option would create a chart. On one axis - section area ( mm2 ) and on the other axis - %of spine lenght.

I can manually create 10 sections, check the area, save the values in expressions and create simple chart in sketch but this is a little time consuming.

ProE has an option called Sensitivity Analysis which works great. Is there anything close to that in NX ?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

stevethb said:
I have a Swept feature. One section at the beginning and one section at the end. I created a surface using these two sections and a guide curve. I used Scalling Method - Constant ( I know I can use Are Law ).

What "interpolation" option did you use? When using a single guide curve and the other options as above, you should have the option of "linear" or "cubic". The interpolation option will determine how the section changes as it is swept.

www.nxjournaling.com

Toost - it works really good.
It doesn`t create a chart but this isn`t a problem.

Guide curve is mandatory for such analysis so it will not work with imported ( from stp ) pipe bodies but I guess this would be too much to ask.

Thanks

Hello,

you could also use the sensitivity study in NX.
We used it also for a cross section analysis and you can use the output in excel and also a graph.
Attached is an example I created based on your description.

regards

Unigraphics Key user

V13, V14, V15, V16, V17, V18, NX, NX2, NX3, NX4, NX5, NX6, NX7.5, NX8, NX8.5, NX9, NX10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back