Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Selection Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

electracomplex

Automotive
Jan 17, 2014
US
Hi Y'all,

I'm sure this is a no-brainer but I can't seem to find where I can set my selection filter settings to, say, Control Point, Point On Line, and Quadrant only for example.

I've been all thru Customer Defaults but I just don't see it?

~Felicia H.
NX 12.0.1.7

"Design all things as simple as possible but not simpler."

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't think those are controlled through the customer defaults. In the selection bar (top border bar) turn on the snap point and toggle on the options that you want.

snap_points_gkohdw.png

www.nxjournaling.com

Hi Felicia,

In addition to what cowski points out, there is an all ON or all OFF button for the Snap Point choices (meaning you can turn Snap Point completely off or on in addition to each type of snap point). You may have to make these icons visible if you don't see them already.

Tim Flater
NX Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 MP11 Rev. A
GM TcE v11.2.3.1
GM GPDL v11-A.3.5.1
Win7 Enterprise x64 SP1
Intel Core i7 2.5GHz 16GB RAM
4GB NVIDIA Quadro K3100M

cowski said:
In the selection bar (top border bar) turn on the snap point and toggle on the options that you want.

Hi Cowski, OK I'm a little slow apparently... yes that's the only place you can set them and the reason for my frustration is that it seems if you switch them mid-command they are only remembered for that command.

To change the general default snap point filters you have to change them outside of a command. That was so easy it was hard!

Thank you!

~Felicia H.
NX 12.0.1.7

"Design all things as simple as possible but not simpler."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back