Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Siemens Midimaster Vector trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

panou

Electrical
Apr 21, 2005
GR
Hi guys.
I have an inverter Midimaster Vector (Siemens). After start-up we have periodically trips with code F001. There is not a problem in the load. I have chosen operating mode P077=1 and the ramp-down time is 12 sec. Can you tell me your opinion ? Thanks in advance for your time.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

According to the manual, what are

Code F001?
P077?
the "1" setting for the aforementioned parameter?

What kind of load are you driving? What is the HP? What kind of motor, etc., etc., etc.?

If I may presume to speak for the forum, we suspect you have enough information to figure it out.

William

panou
F001 is over-voltage.
Check the AC supply to ensure it is within the limits.
Check your stopping time in case it is too fast. If in doubt, increase your ramp down time (in case you really have lost your manual this is P003!) to something like 60 secs and see if it trips on F001.If it doesn't trip, then the cause of F001 is due to the ramp down time being too quick. Either leave it at 60 secs or reduce until it stops tripping. Basic commissioning I'm afraid. Possibly set your display mode (P001) to = 3 so you can see the level of DC volts whilst running.
If it is not as a result of decelerating, you need to monitor your AC supply.

Thanks for your time.

weh
The motor is 40HP/2pole/400V and drives a centrifugal fan. I have changed the operating mode P077 from 1 (flux current control) to 3(sensorless vector control).

sed2developer
I have also increased the ramp down time to 30 sec. Now i wait for the next stop command to see what is happening. My basic problem now is that when the inverter takes a stop command(removal of +15V from terminal 5) then it trips with code F001.

Have you tried setting the drive for coast stop? This does not use the dynamic braking resistor or otherwise try to deliberately bring the motor to a stop. Coasting to a stop may not be acceptable for your application but the vast majority of across the line fixed speed blowers use coast stop.

On the other hand, if your centrifugal blower has a lot of inertia what you need is an external dynamic braking resistor plus the controller for it. The dynamic braking resistor and resistor controller that is built into most VFDs is rather puny and will not handle a large inertia load or lowering of a heavy load. On the other hand, the Emerson Maximaestro servo drive has a full current dynamic braking resistor controller and comes with a quarter size resistor standard - you can add more dynamic braking resistors if your application is more demanding.

A 40hp centrifugal fan would generally have a large inertia so I suspect your original setting of 12 secs ramp down time was way too short. 30 secs seems quick too. Also, why are you setting the drive up in sensorless vector control for a centrifugal fan? P077 also allows a setting for a quadratic fan (value 2) and this actually increases the rating of the drive as well (by one frame sizereduces the overload to 110% but increases the current rating). Whilst this doesn't prevent over-voltage trips in the event of high inertia stopping, a quadratic V/F curve in the drive will actually follow the profile better of a centrifugal fan and improve your energy savings somewhat.

hi
the problem is your fans enersia, it is to great for the dc bus, this is why foo1 overvoltage trip occures. i would recomend a brake resistor. that should stop the overvolts trip.

Hi to all and many thanks for your responses.
I tried the setting with 30 seconds in parameter P003. After that we stop the inverter without any overvoltage trip F001. Also about the vector control , it seems that the inverter in vector control is far better and has a more dynamic response (it continously monitor and control the output voltage). In any case thanks again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back