Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Siemens NX 1980 not opening in fullscreen window. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

qreason

Industrial
Mar 1, 2020
BE
Hi,

As of Wednesday each time I try to open NX I am greeted with this error and the program does not open in full screen.
My task manager shows me the programming is running as well as the program being open in my taskbar.
When I hover over it in my taskbar, it shows me a white window, but when I click on it, nothing appears to happen.

Any ideas as to how to fix this?
Thanks in advance!

screenshot_NX_prob_zzvqxj.jpg
NX_problem_p1_dn7hos.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Do you have automatic updates "on" ?
I would have guessed this was a update install that went wrong and some files are maybe the 2007 release?
Or could it be that you have a antivirus program that has caught/removed some files from the install ?
Regards,
Tomas

Never try to teach a pig to sing. I wastes your time and it annoys the pig.:)

@Toost

Do you have automatic updates "on" ?

Not sure but i suppose so.

I would have guessed this was a update install that went wrong and some files are maybe the 2007 release?

I could see that being the source of the problem.

Or could it be that you have a antivirus program that has caught/removed some files from the install ?

Except for the standard windows defender, I don't use anti-virus software.

I'm not a topology optimization user, but I think it is similar to moldwizard in that it doesn't get updated with every major NX release, but only as necessary. In the Siemens support center, the latest version of topology optimization that I could find was for NX 1953 series. What NX version did you upgrade from? If it was pre-NX 1953, I'd suggest downloading the latest topology optimization module and installing that.

www.nxjournaling.com

Are you using the topology optimization ​?
I do not even have it installed, - I think I did a full install.
If you download the NX1980 install and unzip the files, can you compare the versions

If you go to that folder seen in the uploaded image and temporarily "disable" the named file,
will NX start as expected then ?
( All files with "known" file name extensions will be read/ started in that "Startup" directory, so if you rename the FrustumNX[highlight #FCE94F].dll[/highlight] to , say, FrustumNX[highlight #FCE94F].do-not[/highlight] NX will not attempt to read/start that.)
Possibly you get different error but that is a different story. )
Will that help ?

Regards,
Tomas

Never try to teach a pig to sing. I wastes your time and it annoys the pig.:)

@Toost

Thanks for taking the time to write this new advice, tomorrow I have some time free and will try this.

I'll keep you updated.

Regards,
Quentin

Siemens did a thing with its NXOpen signing module in NX1926, and every NXOpen plugin signed with NX < 1926 will fail to load in NX versions newer than 1926 with that error message. The plugin developers need to re-sign it for newer NX versions, which they surely did, since NX1926 was released almost two years ago.

Since it's a separate plugin, you need to download it's current version manually, like cowsky said.

It should not hang up like that, even when signing verification fails, though.

@Toost

"If you download the NX1980 install and unzip the files, can you compare the versions"

Don't know how to compare them honestly, there's like a lot of files and they're stocked differently after installing NX 1980.

"If you go to that folder seen in the uploaded image and temporarily "disable" the named file,
will NX start as expected then ?"

Well the error is gone, but the window is still not opening, it's just a white little window when you hover my taskbar (like the original problem)...

Regards,
Quentin

@cowski

In the Siemens support center, the latest version of topology optimization that I could find was for NX 1953 series. What NX version did you upgrade from? If it was pre-NX 1953, I'd suggest downloading the latest topology optimization module and installing that.

Unfortunately I have a newer version of NX, namely 1980.

The question was: What NX version did you upgrade from?
I suspect that you upgraded from something before NX 1953. If so, the topology optimization module found in the NX 1953 download section is the latest and should fix the original error you saw. You will need to download and install this manually. The topology optimization add-on does NOT get upgraded with every major NX release.

www.nxjournaling.com

@cowski

I used to use NX 12 for 4 years, recently started an internship and there they use NX 1980 so naturally I switched as well.
I've been using NX 1980 since late-September 2021

Except for the occasional software update or GPU driver update nothing major changed (and it never had an impact on NX).

This is also the very first time I encountered this problem.

In the uninstall menu, there is a "repair" option; might be worth a try. Uninstall/reinstall would be a good option. When uninstalling, I suggest deleting the NX directory before running the uninstall program; otherwise, the uninstall takes a LONG time.

www.nxjournaling.com

@cowski

Tried repairing, but with no success unfortunately. Keep getting "Internal error 2349" after 20 minutes.

So will try Uninstall/reinstall now, will keep you posted on the progress.

Where is the NX directory exactly located? Is it here: C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX1980\UGII?

***UPDATE***

Just reinstalled the software entirely, but the problem is still here...

@greason if you want, send me your NX log file. I'd advise not to post it here as it will contain company specific information.

In a windows explorer address bar, type in $TEMP% and press enter. This will take you to your temp folder and should be where your NX log files are.
The logs will start with your username, extension is .syslog.

Find the latest ones, preferably the one that has the Internal Error listed in it.

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer

NX9 to NX2008 (11 versions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back