Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Siemens software Jack- Ergonomics

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClayInBrazil

Mechanical
Apr 11, 2014
BR
I´ve been given the task to learn how to use the Siemens PLM Software ergonomics program Jack.. I am working for a company in Brazil and will be in charge of the Ergonomics section of the consulting firm(among other things also). I need to study up on Industrial Ergonmics and the Siemens product..

Does anyone have any study material, book, pdf etc...?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

While this is not specific information on how to use Jack, there are several links on this page to PDF documents which might provide help for you to get a better idea of what some of the capabilities of Jack are:

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

I was looking for more specific information on the subject and of the software. I will be in charge of this part of the company and need to be well read on the subject.

Then you will have to ask to be trained in it's use. Please contact either Siemens PLM directly or your local Siemens PLM support partner for additional help with this or any of our other products that you may wish to learn how to use.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

I have scheduled training next week here in Brazil, but know little on the subject and as an engineer I am continually looking for ways to improve. I was wondering if there were some pdfs online that someone knew of that I could get ahold of to study.

@John R. Baker
As an engineer for Siemens have you had any contact with this software?

Not the 'Jack' product itself, but rather the subset of functionality which is included in NX as part of the 'Human Modeling' module. You get all of the basic functionality of creating 'human' models, both male and female, using industry standard percentile data bases, as well as being able to position them, perform reach and grasp studies, do some line-of-sight evaluations, but not the full suite of analysis and ergonomic evaluation tools that are included with 'Jack'.

That being said, if you have a licence of NX or access to at least the NX Help files, they do a pretty good job of covering at least that subset of the 'Jack' capabilities and functionality that is supported with the NX Human Modeling module.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

I did a quick search and saw that there is something on www.YouTube.com pertaining to Jack.
I did not play them but they are probably worth watching for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back