Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Size diference same model

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackorsen88

Mechanical
Dec 19, 2014
SI
hello,

i have a question. I'm working with a company that is using daimler environment. We are using the same version, but i don't have daimler environment.
As i make one draft on the sam model, the size of model jumps by 3x. if they make ti in their environment, the size does not increase that much..
I dont know what is the point..i cannot send the model...

thank you

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=b39a44d6-984f-4b1b-93c4-2150013ff307&file=2019-07-23_080848.png
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try running a part Cleanup (File-Utilities-Part Cleanup) You can make different settings in there to remove/clean unwanted data.

Ronald van den Broek
Senior Application Engineer
Winterthur Gas & Diesel Ltd
NX9 / TC10.1.2

Building new PLM environment from Scratch using NX12 / TC11

Are you saving the 'Undo' data with your part file? Also, what is the status of the option to automatically 'compress' the file when it's saved?

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

The secret of life is not finding someone to live with
It's finding someone you can't live without

The part that you receive, is that a parametric model or just a Body?
Because I can imagine that when you start applying parametric design to a Body, the size will grow much faster.

Ronald van den Broek
NX9 / TC10.1.2

the model has about 3000 features, different bodies and so on. But the point we started with the same model. We made the same feature, the only difference was he made it in Daimler environment. and the size of mine file was 3x. I suspect on some costumer dažefaults settings, they have something different. Is it possible to export customer defaults and import it to another nx?

Thanks

You can set the allowed UNDO file size in the Customer Defaults - Gateway - Undo

Ronald van den Broek
NX9 / TC10.1.2

Customer defaults can be exported and shared.
The Daimler environment might be more than just default settings.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back