Soil stabilization 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

moon161

Mechanical
Dec 15, 2007
US
Hi,

I'm trying to help an occupy wall street aligned protest have less impact on the public square they occupy. Northern city lots of rain now, looking at a freeze & snow if it lasts into december.

Right now they have straw down over grass, but it may not keep it from turning into a mudpit forever. Are there better solutions?

I'm a mech EIT, so I don't know dirt too well.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Don't use anything organic as it ruins it for future pavement or structural use....that material would have to be removed.

Use gravel, preferably #57 stone (nominal 3/4" coarse aggregate).

Are there better solutions? Yes. My first suggestion would be to tell them to go home. Otherwise, anything you do will kill the grass and probably make a mess. You might check into putting down a layer of light weight non woven fabric. Staple it down.

rather than waste your money on gravel or fabric, spend it on re-habilitation of the park after they finally leave. Otherwise, they should stay off the grass it will become mud soon

Pass the hat for new turf after they move on. But then, I suppose they have no money. The city where I live reckons they did $30000 damage before being moved on, and now they are ruining another park.

Tell them to stay at thier mom and dads house and protest from there. The aftermath I've seen from their activities is pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back