Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Steam trap technical specifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherifhosny

Industrial
Jan 13, 2020
NL
I was asked to make the technical specification for the steam traps we have in the PID in order to send it to the suppliers asking for quotations.
What are the information I should put in this technical specification?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you go with thermostatic traps, they just don't discharge condensate at saturated conditions. You can have 3C or 5C sub cooling, which adds a bit value to your process heating, if the condensate flow rate is high. MOC of the body, float (or disc or bucket or capsule) and levers etc.

If you do not have a PID with steamtrap placement, type of steamtrap and capacity approved by a qualified steam speciaalist, you are not likely to avoid all mistakes that one far to often sees in a steam system.

If you do not have the correct information I would advice you to seek external help. You could get this also from one of the larger steam trap supplying companies.

Proper layout will probably lead to higher total price for equipment than anticipated, but be assured that you will save the money in better efficiency and less trouble.

Another way is to inquire as open as possible for steamtraps and regulators: give system capacity, pressure, temperature and piping dimension and describe working capacity and wise wanted, and ask for two solutions: one cheapest and one 'best practise' alternatives as preliminary offer.

Select one or two for discussions of final technical solution and offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back