Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Structural Analysis and Design Software 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

hasanh

Structural
May 12, 1999
JO
I am interested in structural analysis and design software for R.C. continuous beams. Software such as Staad or Sap are more oriented to 2d frames and 3d frames or plates.<br>
Any suggestions?<br>
<br>
Hasanh

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Check out the January 2000 issue of &quot;Modern Steel Construction&quot; by AISC. There is a listing of 26 structural programs with properties about each one. This should be a great starting point! Good luck!

CSC TEDDS is a good concept that requires quite an amount of self education to learn how to &quot;program&quot; your design sheets. However, if you have some standard computations you can enter them easily with care and produce good reliable &quot;in house&quot; software.

The main problem I have found is finding the time to learn how to use it effectively.

Regards

sc

I'm a big fan of Archon's products. I actually purchased WinWood and am more than satisfied. Great, intuitive continuous beam solutions, trusses, plywood, etc. with a vast wood properties database. I'm also a HUGE fan of Dr. Software's Dr. Beam and Dr. Frame packages. I own both and they run great on my Macintosh G4 (yay!) at home and my whateveritis at work. Dr. Beam is a great all-purpose beam analysis program and Dr. Frame is a full-blown 2D FEM program that packs a lot into a little program with a totally intuitive interface. Check 'em out at They have working demos, too.

you can use staadpro software package for 2D and 3D analysis.
i have expertise in modelling and analysing any type of structures using staadpro.

To ERNESTOBARRERA.....
HI,
THANK YOU FOR YOUR QUESTION.
I AM USING STAADPRO (VERSION III)FOR ANALYSIS PURPOSES.
TELL ME ABOUT ANY SOFTWARE THAT CAN BE USED TO ANALYZE OFFSHORE STRUCTURES.

To 2610

Hi
Well, i dont know of any structural analysis software that would specially analyse offshore structures, maybe if you make a more detailed description of the structure you are dealing with,and the kind of analysis you want to do, i could help you. I guess that it has to do with structures subjected to impact loads from ships and sea wave loads. Maybe you could do all this with Sap2000, since this software is a little more powerful than STAAD III, and have better load generation capabilities.

I would like to know about your experiences with STAAD, since i also use that software. I would like to know if you consider it reliable.

Check out RAM Advanse. I have not seen any other software compare with their Concrete Detailing module of the sotware.
It's very affordable compared to others mentioned .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back