Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Structural Analysis and Design Software 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

hasanh

Structural
May 12, 1999
JO
I am interested in structural analysis and design software for R.C. continuous beams. Software such as Staad or Sap are more oriented to 2d frames and 3d frames or plates.<br>
Any suggestions?<br>
<br>
Hasanh

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

To
ERNESTOBARRERA ,
thank you for the information. I have visited the site. really they have the software which I need. But problem with me is I can not afford to buy the same.
I am presently involved in dynamic analysis of offshore fixed platform, which has got about 120 members of steel tubes having varing diameters.
problem in ussing staadpro is that it can't just calulate wave forces by taking in to wave heights, wave period and depth of water.
i have a problem of analysing the structure for the wave and wind force for different wave heights and periods.
the MORISSONS EQUATION has to be used to calculate the wave forces on each members, which becomes tedious process for different wave conditions.
my structure is like a tower, submerged in deeep water.

i need help from indivisuals or company who can analyse the tower and supply me the resuls like natural period, deck displacements, which I am using to train NeuralNetwork for predicting the responses of towers.
this is my Project work for M.Tech (structures) at Regional engineering college.

keep in touch. thank you in anticipation of suggestions.

Ganesh Hegde

To,
tonyriva,

Hi, i want to know more on algor Program.
my problem is explained in the abve reply to ERNESTOBARRERA
if it helps in getting me the resuls please let me know from you

thank you
Ganesh Hegde

Dear Hasanh

Please check the Reinforced Concrete Council's website below:

They have many spreadsheets for concrete design to BS 8110 and Eurocode 2, including continuous beam design. The spreadsheets used to be free but now there may be a small charge.

Regards

Angus

To,
rkillian
thank you,
i need these analysis results for thesis work.
I feel confidant that the world is so big, somebody will definitely help,
if you find please put it on this page.
(Ganesh)

Have anyone of you used PROKON ? This is a great software which can be purchased as modules. I have been using this for 5 years. Very user friendly and fast too. I strongly recommend for daily design needs such as continuous beam anlaysis and design and other structural element designs. Check the website for details.

Dear 2610 (Ganesh)

Check with your advisor. I guess that the proper modelization of the structures you're working with is an important part of your thesis work. Give a chance to RAM Advanse, it's an easy to use structural program that has several load tools that I guess would help you.

re: offshore structures analysis and design

to 2610 and others interested:

Stop trying to force-fit a solution! If you are in a technical school/working on a MS thesis, GTSTRUDL has an excellent offshore module AND Georgia Tech (producers of GT STRUDL) offers GTSTRUDL to other colleges and universities and at cost; which is worth 2610 looking into!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back