Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Structural Analysis and Design Software 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

hasanh

Structural
May 12, 1999
JO
I am interested in structural analysis and design software for R.C. continuous beams. Software such as Staad or Sap are more oriented to 2d frames and 3d frames or plates.<br>
Any suggestions?<br>
<br>
Hasanh

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

hasanh<br>
I have come across very cheap software from Archon Engineering which includes a program called Wincrete which checks designs for RC Beams including multi-span. They also have nice programs for other structural areas. Their website is Regards<br>
Mike<br>

Hasanh<br>
<br>
I have used software from CADS which comes in bolt together modules for structural steelwork, reinforced concrete etc. it is windows driven and engineer friendly. The website is <br>
Regards<br>
<br>
Ginger

MPHenry<br>
Thank you for your reply. I am checking the site out.<br>
Many structural software companies give fantastic descriptions regarding their products. But when tested, they may not suit one's needs. Therefore, it is important that structural software companies allow downloading shareware versions for a limited time period.<br>
<br>
Hasan

Hasan<br>
<br>
Apologies for the wrong address. CADS can be found on Another avenue you may wish to try is the OASYS system by Arup. i don't have an address for their OASYS site but Arup are pretty easy to locate worldwide and someone there should be able to help you. Good Luck<br>
<br>
Regards<br>
<br>
Ginger

Hasanh<br>
Please try site.<br>
They have very usefull and user friendly software. I am talking about AVwin and Gedi. Particulary Gedi will let you generate interactively all the parts of a concrete building.<br>
I am a user of those programs and I feel very confortable.<br>
Let me know your opinion after visiting the site, please.<br>
Best Regards,<br>
Carlos

Ginger,<br>
<br>
I have come upon a nice program called prokon. It is very easy to use and based on British and South African Standards.<br>
<br>
Hasan

Ginger,<br>
<br>
I have used Prokon and its good and affordable. A more expensive option for design and detailing that it really worthwhile, (I thought anyway) is CADS 8110 - it is a structural analysis, design, drafting and detailing package I came across when I was in Singapore. I don't have a web address for them but they were marketted by a company called QE Design Systems in Singapore - Tel: 65 224 2883; fax no: 65 2218928<br>
<br>
There is also an Australian package I foudn to be very good called SpaceGASS. Again I don't have a web address but if you search for SpaceGass you should find it easily.<br>
<br>
Good luck,<br>
Bridgeman

I think JC may have a good, economical suggestion. PCABeam is only $395 and will give you a fairly intuitive, quick design for beams with conventional loadings. <br>

Hi,<br>
Has anyone out there tried TEDDS from CSC? It is a series of Calculation Pad for the Professiional Engineer. Any comment on the above software will be much grateful.<br>
<br>
BengChin

Hi all!<br>
<br>
please visit and click software. I have a very versatile software for RCC Columns, COLDES, which allows for Slender columns, subjected to biaxial Bending, different reinforcement percentages on adjecent sides, etc.<br>
you may mail me for free version. roynshenoy@vsnl.com

I am Looking for a truss calculation program using light gauge steel (american standards)members. I've tried to use the downloaded demo and the CD demo of SpaceGass and couldn't get either of them to run. <br>
<br>
I used to do these by hand in the 60's. In the late 70's I programed my own calc's in basic. Currently, I am using a spreadsheet approach to analysis, and seem to always be behind the curve in conforming to codes and standards.

To BengChin:<br>
<br>
I am curently reviewing the CSC TEDDS package. It is a good tool which works in Word for documenting calculations & code requirements. The initial interface takes some time to understand. I'd like to hear your comments on it's use & applications.

To DavidA:<br>
<br>
Get a copy of Staad3 and you'll be able to do anything with trusses as well as anything else using steel or concrete. Also, Enercalc makes a program called FastFram, which can be downloaded, free, from their site but they don't update it and there is a bug in it. Good luck!

Dear Hasanh,<br>
<br>
I have come across a good software for design and analysis of concrete structures, i hope this software might be of some use to u, check it out at this site - <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> <br>
There are somemore, but they are either too much or too little for your purspose. I remember encountering a similar problem once, fortunately this s/w was enuf for my needs. check it out if it suits u too,<br>
<br>
Regards,<br>
Sreevathsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back