Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

submerged non-metallic pump 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMcLean

Chemical
Jul 21, 2003
We are interested in a non metallic, small submerged pump for pumping out the contents of a firewater dump pond from large SX plant. The flow and head requirement would be approx 50 m3/h and 40 m. We envisage that the pump will be located in a large HDPE pipe, submerged in the pond. This is to prevent the pond liner being damaged by the pump. No metallic wetted parts can be used because of an organic reagent present, corrodes metal.

I have already contacted Lutz and they have proposed a pump suspended on a pontoon over the pond. They believe it wont be possible to get a large enough non metallic pump that could be suspended in a pipe. I guess multiple smaller pumps could be an option. Our preference is still to adopt this option since if a pontoon were to be used, the process wetted components of it would also need to be non-metallic. Does anyone have another suggested vendor for a submerged non-metallic pump of the size described above?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Would an air driven diaphram pump be an option? Available in non-metallic and a fair range of sizes. I don't know about runnig submerged but it could certanly be floated.

Griffy

Thanks for you help everyone

Griffengm, we are using air diaphragm pumps in other areas of the plant design, so may consider them for this duty.

Thanks

Mark McLean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back