Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sump pump with small flow rates

Status
Not open for further replies.

justint

Electrical
Aug 17, 2007
GB
Hello
Im searching for a pump for lifting water from a sump through a filter.

The max distance to lift is 1.5 metres and the filter requires another 0.2 bar of suction.

I require a pump with suction head of 4 metres but the flow rate must be kept at 70 l/hour.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a pump that will suit my application?

Thanks

Justin

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are you asking for the pump to lift water from the sump via a filter which is located before the pump inlet - if this is the actual configuration required, what is the application?

If this is not the case you should re-evaluate your
terminology/description which is somewhat confusing at the moment to give a clearer picture of what is needed.

The filter is in the botton of the sump.

The pump sucks the water from the sump through the filter so it has to lift the water from the pump a distance of 1.5 metres and the trans filter pressure is 0.2 bar resulting in another 2 metres to the suction head (3.5 metres in total), 4 metres with a a safety factor.

I can find plenty of pumps that will provide this suction head but hardly any that will do this and provide a flow of 70 litres/hour, which is what the filter requires to work properly.

Justin

The filter uses ultra filtration but the main point about it is the trans pressure across it and the flow rate required through it via the pump. ie 0.2 bar across it and 70 l/hour through it

Can I now assume that the filter is on the suction side of the pump - if so - why - wouldn't it be better to put the filter on the discharge side of the pump?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back