Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sweep along the guide with two different sections 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Look at my two red arrows in the picture; they are pointing to your two direction arrows.
What the sweep does is connect those two direction arrows and since they are 180 degress apart your sweep gets twisted 180 deegrees.
So what you need to do is figure out a way to align those two direction arrows.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=c4a63bf9-1e2f-4b11-a8f2-95ed0b60b5cd&file=conexion_with_sweep.JPG
See the yellow arrows? You want those on the same sids of the sections and pointing in the same general direction - that's your orientation indicators and they indicate twisting. Select the circles/arcs in the same locations and reverse directions if necessary on the dialog. If this doesn't work, you'll need to manually rotate your circles/arcs by about 180°. Your orientation should probably be relative to the guide.

I'm going to assume you want tangency at both ends and no command with the word sweep in it will force tangency - I'd look at Studio Surface with Alignment set to By Points - follow same rules above with the arrows on the Section curves (pick the same general area, make the arrows point the same direction).

Tim Flater
NX Designer
NX 9.0.2.5 Win7 Pro x64 SP1
Intel Xeon 2.53 GHz 6GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 4000 2GB

What version of NX are you running?

In your image it shows that the two circles (your sections) have 'starting points' (indicated by the arrows) which are 180° out of phase from each other. You need to rotate one of the circls 180° so that the start points are consistent. Note that if the arrows are still pointing in opposite directions that's not a problem as they can be reversed by simply double-clicking the arrow.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

raysapp Thank you very much! [thumbsup2]
I don't know why when I selected the body edges It made with inverted arrows, but when I make it now with two sketches as you did, It worked perfectly.
However I am still trying to understand the reason of inverted arrows when I selected the edges [glasses]

The DIRECTION of the arrows are NOT critical since they can be flipped by simply double-clicking them. Rather it's their start points that needs to be consistent and aligned.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Yes, the starting points are critical in cases like this. They should be aligned.
What the best option to do this (excepting, of course, recreating the EXTRUDED 9 accordingly)?

Thanks

MZ7DYJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back