Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Template Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fonzee

Military
Oct 10, 2007
US
Hello Everyone,

I am in a little bit of a bind and would appreciate some assistance. I created multiple parts in NX 8.0 with just a standard part template since that was my only option at the time. My client now wants me to use their drawing borders in my drawings, but I do not know how/if I can replace the current part template with the new one. Can this be done in NX 8.0 similar to replacing a template in Solidworks as seen in the attached image? Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Joel

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think you should do this with Format - Patterns... - then choose replace pattern and pick the one your client provided. If working with Teamcenter you need to import the pattern first, otherwise you can pick them from your HD.

Best regards,

Michaël.

NX7.5.4.4 + TC Unified 8.3
Win 7 64 bit (Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5650 @2.67GHz)
24.0 GB
NVIDIA Quadro 4000 + NVIDIA Tesla C2050

I have tried this but it does not seem to be working. I source the new "pattern" by selecting the .prt file that I am trying to use, but it does not work. Any other suggestions?

But have you created the pattern ?
The pattern.prt is not createable importing solidworks template into NX and save it.
To create pattern you need to create your template in modeling environment.

Thank you...

Using NX 8 and TC9.1

Here's how I used to change the title block:
[ul][li]if you need to change sheet size: right click on the sheet in the part navigator and choose "edit sheet", pick new sheet size[/li]
[li]delete the existing title block entities that are no longer needed (easy to do if they belong to a group, select the group and delete)[/li]
[li]File -> import part, import the part that contains the new title block. Turn on the 'group entities' option to make it easy if it needs to be swapped out in the future.[/li][/ul]

The above doesn't apply if you are using patterns for you title blocks. Also, I have not tried out the new NX 8+ borders, so I don't know how they will change things (if at all).

www.nxjournaling.com

Thanks everyone. I ended up importing the existing part into the new part template that had the client drawing template, properties and any other information. Once it did this a few times it was easy to do, but still kind of a pain in the rump. Had I received the proper start part in the beginning I would have been farther ahead. Thanks again to all that provided their feedback.

Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back