Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

The last "John Baker" show 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

joycejo

Aerospace
Sep 22, 2006
US
On Nov. 12th at the North East Regional User Group meeting. John Baker gave what will most likely be his last public presentation at a PLM World activity. Below are the links to see this.

Enjoy

John Joyce
Manufacturing Engineer
Senior Aerospace CT

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Joining this:

Thanks Jonh for all your tips, advices, for your implication.

Best wishes for you and your family, in this new "step" of your live. ENJOY IT!!!

MR76

NO, the new 'Switch Window' function, using 'Ctrl-Tab', is being introduced with NX 11.0, which will be released in the Spring.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Hi John,

Thanks for your advice along the way, you will surely be missed.
Enjoy your retirement!

Rick D

Win7 64 bit w/NX9.0.3.4 MP9 and NX10.0.3
Vericut 7.4

What are guys like me going to do without this guy!?

You will be missed on here for sure.

Be well and enjoy the next phase of your life!

Dave
Automotive Tooling / Aircraft Tooling / Ground Support Structures

NX9, Win 7 Pro SP1

John,

Thanks for all the help.
Enjoy your retirement!
Any chance you can post your 2-part video on the history of unigraphics?

Thanks again for everything!
Kevin

One of the people in our group is editing the raw video and it will eventually be posted on-line, unfortunately it will be on a site only accessible to Siemens employees. Note that I have no real say in this matter.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

Thank you John[tiphat]; surly we will miss you greatly. Hope you will continue to check these forums to see how we are doing and share some of your valuable thoughts to bring us to the correct path.

In the past couple of years I had the chance to have some constructive dialogue with you to iron out some differences and definitely they brought some good results. (At the same time sorry for the miscommunications too) I see many of my ERs based on those dialogues are being implemented in new NX.

Thank you again, and wish you all the best!

Michael Fernando (CSWE)
Tool and Die Designer
Siemens NX V9.0 + PDW
SWX 2013 SP3.0 X64
PDMWorks 2013
Logopress3
FastForm Advance
FormatWorks

John,

I was 4 times at the Beta Tests. 3 times in Cypress (this year + 2 + 3 years ago).
It took a while for me to link THE JohnRBaker to your person :)

I wish you all the Best! Enjoy your retirement!

Thomas

Hi John, I want to thank you for your help.  I have posted only a few times and your help has saved me from banging  my head against the wall.  I really appreciate that you take the time to explain the reasons why NX works like it does. You will be missed!

By the why could you please post the files you talked about in the video, to show the user's most recent commentsHi John, I want to thank you for your help.  I have posted only a few times and your help has saved me from banging  my head against the wall.  I really appreciate that you take the time to explain the reasons why NX works like it does. You will be missed!

By the why could you please post the files you talked about in the video, to show the user's most recent actions on the bottom bar of NX.

I wish you all the best!

Yes, attached is a zip file containing the files and the instructions on how to make the last 10 commands accessible from the Bottom Border Bar.

And thank you for the kind words.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=ed70f809-6853-4bb8-8141-6f4f51cf8896&file=Last_Command_Set-Up-JRB-1.zip
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back